5. Fake Fair Catch- North Texas vs. Arkansas
Nothing gives me more comfort than knowing that in this day and age of NCAA football, the Arkansas Razorbacks will never win a National Championship. They’re quietly the saltiest fans in all of sports.
Which is why this fake fair catch will always bring a smile to my face.
4. Justin Tucker’s 66 yard field goal– Baltimore Ravens vs. Detroit Lions
The misery of the Detroit Lions knows no depths (as we’ll see again later). Which is why it was perfect that the football gods chose them to be on the losing end of Justin Tucker’s record-setting field goal which will never be broken in my lifetime.
Unfortunately the NFL doesn’t want me sharing clips of the event (Roger Goodell told me personally) so from here on out, I have to share shitty camera phone angles from the stands.
3. Brett Farve’s worst fuckup in a career filled with fuckups- New Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings
Everyone jumped on the Vikings bandwagon that year. But I knew better.
How did I know?
Because one snake bitten franchise, the Minnesota Vikings, had Brett Favre as their quarterback. I’m mean, come on. Everyone had to have seen this coming.
2. Michael Vick droppin bombs on Washington– Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington R*******
People ask me all the time: when did things start going wrong the Washington team, currently the biggest dumpster fire in all of sports?
It was this moment right here, when jailbird Michael Vick made one of the greatest throws in NFL history:
1. The Motor City Miracle– Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions
Sure, Aaron Rodgers may be an pompous ass. But make no mistake: he can throw a football very, very far.
After seeing a completed pass like that, it should be clear to all Lions fans: God hates Detroit. 😔